Cyproterone Acetate 100 mg
- For the management of patients with prostatic cancer
- To suppress with initial LHRH analogue therapy
- In long-term palliative treatment where LHRH analogues or surgery are contraindicated, not tolerated, or where oral therapy is preferred
- In the treatment of hot flushes in patients under treatment with LHRH analogues or who have had orchidectomy
- Cyproterone block the effect of the hormone called testosterone. This causes a reduction in the production of testosterone in the testicles, which prostate cancer cells require for growth.